Cancer is becoming a major public health problem in Nigeria. The African Research Group for Oncology (ARGO), is a consortium affiliated with and housed at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC), Ile-Ife. ARGO was established in partnership with OAUTHC and the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, USA. ARGO hosts numerous US National Institute of Health grants focused on cancer research and training with a team of 20 Nigerian researchers leading data collection. It has developed and now maintains a colon and breast cancers database and biobanks, performs prospective cancer clinical trials, and coordinates numerous research training opportunities for health care workers caring for cancer patients in Nigeria.
ARGO is inviting applications from qualified persons to fill the post of research Project Manager.
- Designing and executing specific ARGO research Projects in collaboration with national and international partners.
- Coordinating effective and efficient quality data collection and working with all partners to ensure quality assurance.
- Generating operation protocol for field work related to ARGO research projects
- Recruiting and managing a team of research assistants to assigned ARGO research projects.
- Actively involved in report writing, new proposal development, grant and manuscript writing.
- Actively involved in liaising with national and international partners to ensure operational success of studies
- Other duties as may be assigned.
MBBS/MBcHB degree holder plus Fellowship of the NPMCN Public Health and/or WACP in Community Health. MPH will be an added advantage
Interested candidate should submit application letter and CV to the office of the secretary, Surgical Research Office, OAUTHC Phase 2 Building or to the following email addresses ([email protected], [email protected]) on or before Tuesday 31st May, 2022.